"Memory loss for relationships"


Gary bought bus ticket and sat on the vacant seat near the man they both exchange smiles the man sitting near Gary said, hey how are you i always see you in the bus on weekends from near one year, to which Gary replied yes i travel on saturday and comes back on monday morning, what is your name gentleman and why you travel in every weekend? he said my name is Frank and i work in this city and travel's in weekend to catch up my family.




Frank took the conversation ahead and ask to Gary you seem old and weak, you didn't get tired off from journey as you have not missed single weekend and travel regularly.Gary said i have a sick relative there to take care so i have to visit in my sickness or health anyway, Frank said well man you are very caring person must say and seems you give priority to your near and dear ones more than self, appreciated ! to which Gary gave death stare to him for a moment and said in my 55 years of life nobody had given me such kind of compliment, and after sometime when destination arrived they both said good bye to each other and went to there ways.

On next weekend when Gary and Frank met each other in bus Gary himself started conversation with Frank and decided to tell him the reason why he travels to another city in every weekend and also his feelings towards his life because nowadays he is feeling very lonely and Frank seems nice soul to him.

Gary said Frank i want to tell you the truth of my life are you interested in listening?to which Frank said Yes! offcourse you can share your feelings with me, Gary begin to say that he travels to meet up his old Foster father who is in death bed to whom he never met in his 15 years of life and now from an year he started meeting and taking care of his father.Frank asked shockingly but what is the reason of this cold vibe.


Past life of Gary :



So this is the story of my life ! When i was 6 years old i was adopted by foster mother and father from orphanage but after two years of my adaptation they got blessed with twin boys and we started growing together,with time passes i started feeling my mom dad is not giving much attention and love to me but they were more inclined toward my twin brothers.




In my teenage i started realising that i am more intelligent and talented  in studies and extra curriculum activities in comparison to by brothers and other children and always comes first in my class.I become egoistic  and remain cold with others even with my brothers and keep my nose high.After completing University i joined research and development department in a big company and keep same attitude with my colleagues,with my spouse and both of my sons and also with my father,mother and both brothers.

I always feel that i hold high position in my career and among all my family members i am more powerful which leads to increase distance between my wife,children,parents and brothers.
I always fulfill my responsibility towards my family like finance,major decisions but compassion and warmth was completely absent from my side which i realise today but at that time i feel i was right and kept my family suffering.


Some days before my wife diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and slowly her memory completely get faded, now she did not recognised me and think that i am her paying guest so we live in separate rooms and she behave very formal and like a stranger.I was going through all these and in meanwhile i got a call from a person he said my father took loan from him for my education and paying installment till now, last installment was left but now your father become bed ridden and due to old age rarely recognise me sometime he thought i am a nearby shopkeeper sometime thought i am his dead wife etc so now you come in town and return my money.




I totally get shocked because my father is 87 year old and still paying for my education, he did not spent that much for my twin brother because they were poor in studies and now they both are no more with us as they died in car accident.Now he realised may be his mom and dad show more affection to their biological child because it is natural which he now understand after becoming father but was fully dedicated towards me also, and on other side my wife now did not recognised me and i have realised that with all her heart she took care of me in whole her life,my small to small  things food,medicines,laundry etc even i never spent quality time with her than also without complaining and with patience she lives with me.

Now my father and my wife both did not recognise me,my wife think i am a paying guest and my father thinks that i am a neighbour which pay visit every weekends to take care of him as his neighbour is very kind and to take care of him, his neighbour also employed a servant for him who remains 24 hours with him.


Listening to it Frank said your life story is not a story but a lesson of compassion and care for others may god heal your wife's and father's sickness and memory loss problem to which Gary said no Frank may god provide sound health to both of them but the loss of memory occurs to me towards my relationships till some days before now i regain the memory towards my relationships after soo many years so pray that i should not again suffer from such kind of memory loss.

Comments

  1. Alzheimer’s disease is so hard on families. More so the loved ones than the one with the disease. Thank you for sharing this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! such an amazing story. Alzheimers affects so many, it's so sad to watch the ones you love forget you and your special memories. Heart breaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had relatives with the disease. It is very odd to see your loved one deteriorate. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Remembering the good times, helps us get through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had two grandparents that have died from Alzheimer's. It's horrible

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alzheimer’s is tough. Such a heartfelt story

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine how tough it must be to feel like a stranger to those you love...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandfather had Alzheimer's and this story of yours reminded me of him. I must say you write exceptionally well. You have a good perception as well. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't imagine. This is a toufg disease.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Grandmother suffered with alzheimers for 15 years. It is a very difficult disease to have happen to anyone and the entire family is affected. Your story expresses that perfectly. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah such a lovely story. I'm just about to start the adoption process now and I would worry that any adopted children would feel pushed out - I can't let that happen and so thank you for this lovely story. I'm glad he realised the love for his family before it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This story makes me feel inspire. Alzheimer’s disease is devastating disease it is painfully and it will affect the relationship of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alzheimer’s is hard to deal with especially for loved ones. Thank you for sharing this story

    ReplyDelete
  15. My grandmother had Alzheimer's Disease before she passed away. It's very painful to see her forget us slowly by the day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a terrible story. I never had a family member go through Alzheimer’s but I have heard others have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog